Sorry for the lack of list early this week but I decide to do one today. Here is my thoughts on the American Idol’s and who is number one?
8. Anoop Desai – Anoop continues to be the one contestant that I totally forget about by the end of the show. He used to do something for me in the beginning with “My Prerogative” but his song this week was unbearable to watch. Time to go.
7. Lil Rounds – Lil is a great singer but she has been picking bad songs. She needs to tone it down and do a great ballad that can really show off her voice and tell us why she was here in the first place. She is here because of her damn good voice!
6. Scott MacIntyre – This week’s performance was the first time in the finals that I actually truly enjoyed Scott’s song. If he can keep this up, he might last a little longer, but we all know he is not going to go super far.
5. Allison Iraheta – Bottom three again? What is up? Allison is a great singer and a joy to watch this week but most of the guys are killing her with the vocals and it does not help she is always in the beginning of the show. Go down for the last 4 picks:
4. Danny Gokey – I really, really enjoyed this week’s performance of “What Hurts the Most.” It was both emotional and captivating, plus the vocals were great. Although, I still can’t get over what he did in the beginning of the competition and until then he won’t get that much higher on my list.
3. Matt Giraud – Matt is good. Real good, but he has not shown us his full potential yet. His “You Found Me” was not that great live but if you listen to the studio version on ITunes it is almost as good as The Fray. Lets hope he can stick around to show us what he has to offer.
2. Kris Allen – Kris had the best performance this week. His “Aint No Sunshine” was just beautiful, the arrangement and the look were great, but overall it was his voice. He is the dark-horse and he should definitely last a long time.
1. Adam Lambert – But overall, Adam is still the one to beat and my favorite contestant. “Play that Funky Music” was great but maybe not his best. He is just a revelation to the show and to me he IS the American Idol this year.