FRAKKING FRAK. I do not know what I just watched. I got some of it, I didn’t get other stuff. Some stuff was expected, a lot of it wasn’t! The final 10 episodes of Battlestar Galactica kicked off last night and boy was it a doozy. I am going to have to watch it again this weekend but here are my thoughts as I process it. DO NOT CONTINUE IF YOU HAVEN’T SEEN IT!
- Ellen is the final cylon! Wow, I did not even consider it to be someone who is dead. I was excepting a person we see every week that we trust and love. But I think that was the brilliance of it. It made sense for it to be Ellen, after all Saul and her were the “ancient” love in the story. Here is a question, is she the FINAL cylon after all?
- The 13th colony was not created by the humans, but by the cylons! That is why I think there might be more than 12 models, in Tyrol’s vision, there were more than 12 faces in the crowd.
- Starbuck? What is she? As we saw, she found her dead body in her ship on EARTH? Is she another cylon? For me that is the most intriguing part of the story.
- Adama and Roslin didn’t get what they wanted. I am sorry, the end wasn’t what they expected, but is it ever?
- Goodbye Dee! Dee, I loved her, from the first episode. She had a realiness to her that was so great. When she shot herself, it was both shocking and sad. She will be missed!
Those are my quick thoughts, now tell me yours! You got any theories, what surprised you? What are you looking forward too? While you are at it check out Mo Ryan’s great interview with the executive producer Ron Moore about the episode here!